Monday, May 26, 2008

May 26th - wearing out!

I have plenty of time to write and just about enough power for the computer
using the wind but getting really worn out by hanging on in another squally
night on the same deep spot. The deep coral bommies tangled the chain with the
current constantly turning, shortening the catenary. Sharp jerks animate KUNA
in a rumble of chain and there is no point letting more out, as it would mean
more to get tangled in the coral. I can't really snorkel on the chain, 18m is
just enough to eyeball it and run out of air and I am reluctant to use scuba as
I want to save the tanks for Anuta and Tikopia in case worse problems happen.

Tomorrow, I am hoping to go and see the sail on the Vaka canoes, too much rain
today and no wind, and also hoing we get out of there soon! The island must be
lovely if on the hard land!

Pics to come!!
F:)